Sunday, January 10, 2010

Where I Work...




Happy Sunday morning!!! I just made a big cup of coffee and thought I would continue my blogging. Sorry it has been a few days, I took my first two sick days last week L no fun. So…

Starting in August, I began working for the Veterans Administration as a Neuropsychological Technician in a research lab. I am involved in numerous federal government studies, focused on various things from PTSD to stroke survivors. My primary responsibilities are testing patients (doing all sorts of neuropsychological tests, language, memory, spatial, movement, and psychomotor skills). I spend most of my time testing, scoring and analyzing the results and interpreting what they mean for that individual. I have now been partaking in more data analysis tasks and was asked to be a co-author for papers to be published in a Neuropsychology Journal! I am so excited!! I really like my job so far, a lot of paperwork sometimes, but I really feel like I am helping people and contributing to a greater good being involved in Research. Before I give you the pics, I just want to share a bit of history. So, I work in  the Mental Health building aka Building 1. It was the first building of the original VA hospital, so it is realllly old! Also, there are porches built all around the building because it was during the time of the TB breakouts and they had all of the patients sleep outside. So I have my own little porch off of my office. Kind of weird to think about that I work everyday in a TB patient room! Here are some pictures...



My Office



 My Desk!









Views from my office



 An apparatus I hook patients up to for our movement testing. Its like a big video game!



Do not disturb! Haha




The new hospital building

1 comment:

joantommy2003@yahoo.com said...

Love the views. I couldn't see any fir trees or snow.